Physics Math Software Engineer - Makai Submarine Cable Group
Makai’s submarine cable group is looking for a candidate with a strong background in mathematics and physics, and an interest in solving real world problems via numerical modeling and software development. The candidate is expected to write, upgrade, document and maintain a proprietary software to model dynamic physical interactions of cables and bodies in the ocean. This candidate will have the opportunity to shape the future of the world’s #1 subsea cable modeling software, as well as take on challenging problems in computational fluid dynamics, mechanics of materials, and more.
This is a permanent, full-time position in beautiful Waimanalo, Hawaii.
- Develop and apply advanced software models to analyze ocean engineering systems
- Conduct tests of modeling software and write custom code/scripts to evaluate effectiveness and identify issues
- Interface software products with in-house, 3rd party, and Government systems
- Write, edit and review Technical Reports and test results in clear, concise language
- Provide input to technical proposals seeking future research and development funding