Multiple Faculty Positions, College of Engineering and Computer Science - Syracuse University
The College of Engineering and Computer Science at Syracuse University is in the middle of a transformative plan to hire up to 50 faculty over 5 years across its four Departments. As part of this "50 over 5" initiative, the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) seeks to fill several tenure-track/tenured faculty positions at the rank of Assistant, Associate and Full Professor. While exceptional candidates in all research areas relevant to the MAE Department will be considered, primary fundamental research areas of focus include:
- Materials for Energy Conversion and/or Storage (e.g. 2D materials, nanocomposites, solid state physics, etc.)
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems (e.g., legged robots, autonomous vehicles, human-machine interaction, etc.)
- Cyber Physical Systems (i.e. engineered systems that seamlessly integrate computational algorithms and physical components)
- Intelligent Control for Building Automation
- Advanced Manufacturing (including Cyber-Manufacturing Security)
It is anticipated that the appointments will begin in Fall 2019. Applicants must have earned a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field by the date of appointment.