Assistant Professor of Physics - University of Southern California
The Department of Physics & Astronomy (http://dornsife.usc.edu/physics) at the University of Southern California (USC) in Los Angeles, California is hiring a tenure-track professor in experimental soft condensed matter physics with an anticipated start date of Fall, 2020. We are seeking talented applicants qualified for an assistant professor position. Applicants should have a doctoral degree in physics or a related field. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to conduct innovative, independent research in experimental soft condensed matter physics.
The department has a vibrant, collaborative group of faculty working in areas of condensed matter and biological physics, with strength in both theoretical and experimental research. We seek candidates with an ambitious research plan, who will complement existing faculty in soft and quantum condensed matter and biophysics and take advantage of campus strengths in soft materials.
In order to be considered for this position, all candidates must apply via the "Apply" link at the top or bottom of this page. Applications should include:
- A curriculum vitae
- A cover letter describing research interests related to the position
- A statement of current research activities and future projects
- A statement describing the candidate’s approach to teaching
- A statement detailing the candidate’s current and future contributions to building a culture of diversity and equity in physics and astronomy
- The names and contact information of three individuals who will provide a letter of reference.
The search committee will start reviewing applications after Friday, November 1, 2019 until the position is filled.