Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering - California State University, Los Angeles
The primary professional responsibilities of instructional faculty members are: teaching, research, scholarship and/or creative activity, and service to the University, profession and to the community. These responsibilities generally include: advising students, participation in campus and system-wide committees, maintaining office hours, working collaboratively and productively with colleagues, and participation in traditional academic functions.
The successful candidate will be committed to the academic success of all of our students and to an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates diversity and differences. To this end, the successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings. In addition, the successful candidate will be ready to join faculty, staff, students, and administrators in our University’s shared commitment to the principles of engagement, service, and the public good.
1) ) An earned doctorate (Ph.D.) in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other closely-related engineering discipline from an accredited institution (or equivalent) is required; however, applicants nearing completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered. For appointment, the doctorate must be completed by the date of appointment (8/19/2019).
2) Demonstrated teaching experience at the undergraduate level.
3) Evidence of relevant scholarly publications.
1) Evidence of expertise in an area of aerospace engineering such as aerodynamics, aircraft/spacecraft design, flight dynamics and control, aircraft/spacecraft structures and aeroelasticity, and propulsion.
2) Evidence of successful experience generating financial resources through grants/contracts.
3) Evidence of industry and/or post-doctoral experience.
4) Demonstrated teaching experience at the graduate level.