Associate Professor in Applied Mechanics and Aerospace Engineering - University of Lisbon
The Department of Mechanical Engineering (https://fenix.tecnico.ulisboa.pt/departamentos/dem) of the Instituto Superior Técnico (http://tecnico.ulisboa.pt) of the University of Lisbon (https://www.ulisboa.pt/) is carrying out an open search process for possible candidates to future openings for faculty career positions. This open search is targeted at possible candidates for Associate Professor position in the scientific area of Applied Mechanics and Aerospace Engineering aiming at a tenure track position after one year contract with a strong expectation that a position of Chair Professor will be opened within the next 2 to 3 years. The scientific area includes the following topics:
1. Flight mechanics, stability and control;
2. Design and operation of aircrafts;
3. Specific aeronautical technologies such as aeroacoustics and aeroelasticity;
4. Space technologies including launches, satellites and mission planning;
5. Rational mechanics and multi-physics modelling.